Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cornmeal Herb Rolls

1/3 c. Cornmeal
½ c. Sucanat
2 t. Salt
2 c. Milk or Water
2 Eggs
½ c. Butter
1 T. Yeast in ¼ c. warm Water
4 c. Flour or more
1 t. Garlic Powder
½ t. Basil
1 t. Parsley

Cook cornmeal, sucanat, salt, and butter in milk, until thick. Remove from stove. Add herbs. Cool to lukewarm (if I’m in a hurry, I put the pot in some ice water and stir till it is cool). Add beaten eggs, and yeast that has been dissolved in water. Stir together then knead like bread dough. Let rise till doubled (around an hour). Punch down, shape into rolls. Let rise again (it will probably be 20 minutes or so). Bake at 350° F for 10-15 minutes, or until done. Makes about 20 rolls.

I usually add some or all of the following: dried parsley, dried oregano, dried chives, onion flakes, dried basil, and dill weed. I add anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon of each.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good!!! I will be trying it soon (:
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie normally makes these. They turn out really nice and fluffy! Love you too, Naomi. I'll talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete